Once a week my sisters in law and me get together to let the kids play/terrorize who's house were at. Sometimes we do projects and for February we decided to let the kids make their own valentines box. Since they are only 3 and will not be taking their box anywhere to collect valentines, we thought it would be a great way to encourage them to show love throughout the month. Ashley cut out some hearts so that every time they showed love they got to put a heart in the box. As a reward, at the end of the month we get to go do something fun with the kids.
At first Maddox was like, "ya ya okay mom..." , but once he got the idea he has been flying around the house trying to find ways to show us love. Although we have had to take a few hearts away for not showing love, he is working especially hard to get more hearts or earn them back. He is now finding ways to earn hearts on a dime.
He helps me clean the house and is speaking much more kindly which is great!!!
Just yesterday Maddox told me,
"Mom I love you so much your my favoritest girl in the world".
"Thank you Maddox I love you so much."
Eyebrows raised with a big smile on his face he takes a noticeably deep breath, "I showed love, I get a heart in my box?"
Next comes a hug. "I showed love, I get a heart in my valentines box!"
Now comes a phone call from Brooks. "Mom I didn't get to talk to dad!!! Will you call him back? I want to show love so I can get a heart in my box." A phone call and many words of love earned him "LOTS" of hearts. (only 3 but to Maddox it was huge)
We even gave him hearts for pooping! "That's great Maddox! When you eat good foods and poop everyday, it shows your body you love it by taking good care of it. Isn't that awesome?"
Needless to say, I think this valentines box has been the best thing we could have had in our house! He loves being able to put a heart into his box. I think I will be keeping his valentines box to use in the coming months.
We also let the kidos make their own "King or Queen of Hearts" crowns. Don't they look cute?



2 comments:
That is so sweet. I love that you are his favoritest girl! I wish I could spend these days with you. And, I think I'll copy this idea. Such a great way to focus on the positive things that kids do, rather than the negative. Thanks so much for the idea! I love you, Analisha. I'm so glad that I have you in my life.
We had so much fun! It was such a great idea:) Thank You!
Post a Comment