Last night Brooks and I were sitting on the couch watching Maddox play when he looked up at us and said,
"Mommy?"
"Yes sweet heart?"
"Do you have a baby brother or sister in your tummy?"
"No, not yet."
"Do you Dad? Do I have one in my tummy?"
"No bud, only mommies can have babies in their tummies. Maybe tonight we can ask heavenly father to help mommy get a baby brother or sister in her tummy."
After sitting for a minute he said,
"Mommy, can you make me a baby brother or sister so I can hold it in my arms to sleep? (his arms now cradling and rocking an invisible baby) And a blanket too? It would be so cute!"
Brooks and I looked at each other smiling, it was as if the love in the room was tangible. Maddox has mentioned in passing that he would like a brother or sister, but he has never said it with so much love and reverence. I love you Maddox.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That is so sweet! I am sure Maddox will get his wish. We love you!
First of all, when I came to your blog your playlist totally made me day! LOVE that song! Thanks for making me smile :)
Maddox really is such a sweet boy. You are a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful mother and any baby who comes into your home is completely lucky. I can't wait 'till his/her time is come...
"Heaven is a place on Earth" was the one that got me smiling:)
oh, how sweet! got to love his little heart!
What an absolutely PRECIOUS moment. I love that you have it recorded so you can keep it. Sweet boy...
Maddox is a little peice of heaven! I know that he will be a big brother soon. Loves and kisses from the other side of the house, Mom
Post a Comment