Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Body Art, Ties and Tears

The end of July Brooks' aunt Valinda remarried, and as I had just finished ironing Maddox's new shirt he gave me this little surprise. And yes, it is permanent marker.


This picture does not do it justice! Let me show you a few close up pics.


































Head to toe covered in marker and just minutes from walking out the door! There was no time for yet another bath, so I quickly grabbed rubbing alcohol and some cotton balls and went to work. Well the only place the marker came off completely was his face (thank heavens). The rest just lightened to a soft black. Luckily he was basically covered in clothing from head to toe so no one at the wedding would see his body art.

After arriving at the wedding I thought I would snap some pics of the kids in their best dress. Though you can't tell from the picture, Maddox and Braiden (though mostly Maddox) were fighting over whom would stand where and so the hitting began! Luckily Scott was there to help intervene and take Maddox outside when he was out of line.All the kids were excited for the dance after the ceremony. Even Grandma Carrie joined in the fun! All the kids took a turn dancing with Grandma and I think she had just as much fun as they did. In fact I think the kids were the hit of the party!

Maddox and Cortlynn even danced, they had the time of their lives!
A few tantrums later, Maddox told me he wanted to dance with Cortlynn again. So I sent him off to ask her and watched as my big 3 year old boy went to ask for a dance. Cortlynn was dancing with a few other girls at the time and through the loud music I couldn't hear what he said to her. All I know is she turned around and responded in a way Maddox was not expecting. His heart now broken and shoulders slumped he turned around and started sobbing. It was the cutest thing ever!!! My little boy rejected for the first time! I wish I had snapped a picture of his expression! Well I guess the good thing is mommies always know how to mend the broken heart of a 3 year old. All it took was few hugs, kisses, and some reassuring words and he was ready to have fun again. Needless to say, it was a night to remember.

3 comments:

Cali said...

Poor Maddox! But, lucky him to have you there. Sounds like a wonderful evening (minus the body art!) and I'm glad you had such a great time.

Just wondering...did he get the marker anywhere else? If he kept it to his body I'm impressed! Although I understand that having his body covered in marker is not great either! Sure do miss you guys.

Analisha said...

Luckily he only colored on himself. I don't know how he managed that as he colored every finger and toe, but it must have taken some careful coloring that's for sure!

Tasha said...

Just like kids to do something like that when you are on your way out the door, hu? Just in case this happens again, hand sanitizer works wonders, better than rubbing alcohol if you have it. That was a cute picture of him dancing with Cortlyn. So cute! Love you!