Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surviving The 3 Year Old

These last few weeks have been a bit challenging for Brooks and I. We have been dealing with a fun, lovable, giggling menace. Though I wouldn't change these days for anything, I also look forward for them to end. While Maddox is full of many sweet and wonderful things...he has come to think these few things are acceptable.

1. Hitting Mom...as often as he can
2. Hitting Dad...for the fun of it
3. Hitting Braiden...cause he's just the right size
4. Hitting Cooper...cause he ate his toast
5. Throwing watermelon up and down the entry way walls
6. Pulling his pants down and peeing in public

While we've struggled to teach him right from wrong, we have also grown to love him even more. Here are a few of Maddox's sayings that touch my heart.

1. Mom, you are a special girl.
2. Daddy, I missed you soooo much.
3. MOM, (in the morning when he's in his bed) WILL YOU SNUGGLE ME?!?!?
4. I love you soooo much.
5. It's so good to see you.
6. Can I share with you?
7. Oh, it's so cute. It's my favorite!!!
8. I had sweet dreams!!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what the heck? I knew you had your Fit 4 fun blog, but you never told me about this one! geeze... j/k. Love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

p.s. pictures referance isnt to this post.... since there are none, but the other posts

Cali said...

It really is survival mode when they're three! What a fun blog--oh, I'm so excited to keep up with your goings on this way! Nice family pics, by the way! ;)

I love you so much. Thanks for making our summer so memorable and wonderful. I miss you more than I can say.

Amberly said...

We will make it through this stage. We just need to keep telling ourselves that and one day it will come true. The boys really are so sweet. I love what Maddox will say to you! He really is a sweet boy:)