Friday, October 10, 2008

Mommy Stinks


This evening Brooks and I were sitting on the couch when Maddox came out of his toy room...he looked so cute with his mischievous smile and a twinkle in his eye. He came up to me put his hand on my leg and said "Mom...Shower! You stink!!!" Brooks and I started laughing so hard. His expression was one of bad news as he told me this. He never ceases to amaze me. He is growing so fast and surprising me with new information everyday. If he sees you do something once, he remembers how you did and does it himself. Even the tricky stuff.

At just over two years old, he found out how to open child proof medicine bottles...you know the kind you push down and twist? He can count to 20 sometimes 30 and knows his ABC's. He knows his shapes and points them out everywhere we go. I have even caught him turning on the computer and putting a DVD in to watch on "Daddy's Puter" (Daddy's computer)

We have been getting a kick out of some of the things Maddox has been saying as of late. While he can pronounce hippopotamus, rhinoceros, elephant, alligator, xylophone, water heater and garage quite well, he stumbles with a few words and we get quite the kick out of it.
Furnace= Penis
Computer= Puter

So one day out of the blue he told me everyone who had a Penis (Furnace). Grandpa has a penis he said...Daddy has a penis and Grandma has a penis he said it so seriously with eyebrows raised that I had to turn and laugh. Of course he doesn't know what I am laughing at, but he always brings a smile to our face or at least a good laugh.

0 comments: